In other news...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Left2Die4Dead69

It is 4.31 a.m.

My heartbeat is finally going back down to normal.

I realise how much more useful I am with a shotgun than an uzi.



Unfortunately, I didn't get the black guy. :(

I got the muscular guy with tattoos on his sexay arm! :)







Marvin got black guy...with Uzi. Heh. Cliche.


I was tempted to leave Marvin 2 die...especially after he shot a car...setting off the alarm and sending a horde of zombies charging towards very much like the equivalent of 2 classes of angry secondary school kids. Marvin has a knack for friendly firing me. I gladly return the favour.

My excuse: "Hey, I turned and saw a black guy running towards me, of course I shoot!!"

"If a black guy and a zombie charged towards me...TAKE OUT THE BLACK GUY!"

XD

However, his skills with automatic weapons and constant watch for Hunter or Smoker zombies makes him one of the 3 people I'd like to have by my side when a zombie apocalypse inevitably breaks out. The chick will probably be Vic.


...Or Missy Peregrym.



Plus...he was the first to whisper-scream: "Flashes off! There's a witch nearby!"






"What's so scary? She's just some skinny old lady, right?"
-Gus...before he startled the witch.



Left 4 Dead succeeds on so many levels.

As a First Person Shooter.

As a multiplayer co-op.

And as a zombie survival.



I knew I was having the time of my life when I started yelling at Deagle for trying to take a closer look at the witch. (Bad, BAD idea)

Immersion. It felt like the real thing. Or at least a Hollywood movie scene...with a shrill choir and creepy piano soundtrack announcing the arrival of a big, bad, mofo...or the presence of a deadly witch which the survivors would much rather avoid...or the colossal swarm of zombies about to spill out the alleys and buildings around you.

The demo was worth every minute of the 13-hour-via-wonderful-Streamyx download.

Seriously. Aiman. Vic.

...and Kim.

Buy Left4Dead. If not for the gaming experience, at least for the Hollywood experience.


Cheers!





The Left4Dead demo. (Until 17 November...HURRY!)
Pre-order Left4Dead. (Release on 18 November)





"Fat fuck! I hear a fat fuck! Shoot him before he pukes on you!"

"Guys, is that a crying survivor I hear?"
"No, it's a witch. SHHHH."

"Thanks for that Gus, thanks a lot. A shotgun shell right in my face."

"Hey, I can see Russia from my house!"

No comments: