In other news...

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Forensics Fever : Day 1

Woke up late and got to school at 12p.m.

Managed to fixed my stupid A4tech earphones with a pair of pliers and a solderer. The solderer was hot. Ouch.

On the way to school, I enjoyed Heaven by Bryan Adams. Again, and again, the chorus is addictive. Finally, since I was 12.

I've gotten my rightful claim to One Big Damn Puzzler as my Oratory Interpretation piece. Argh. Shanti kept on going on and on and on and bleh...about how its "Syed's piece" and that I should work harder in looking for another piece.

MY BOOK. MY IDEA. MY UNDERSTANDING OF CHARACTERS AND STORY.

MY OI PIECE.

I'm not mad at you, Syed. :)

I just couldn't seem to get the point across with conversation. Finally, after Syed tried the piece out, I picked it up, nodded at Syed, started my stopwatch, and did the piece...only to be stopped by Shanti after 8 seconds.

It must've been the fact that my facial features contorted and made it look like I was going to go berzerk that made Shanti stop her lecture.

I started again.

I finished.

"This is SO your piece la. You do it."

:)

"No shit?! It's my piece?!"

:P

Now that THAT little thing is taken care of, I can proceed to edit my OI and SOLO scripts. Syed and I finalized our duet script. We need to get our lines down or die the most horrible actor's death; forgetting lines during the act.

I am a pyromaniac. During my breaks from training I BBQ-ed some ants and aphids which were feeding on some plants with my lighter. Shanti screamed at me some more. So, I did the one thing any Victorian would do.


I started burning things beyond her field of vision.


Met Ben and Jon as well. The rumours were true. Ben has dyed his hair brown.

:o

Only the tips, not ah beng style.

Jon hasn't changed much. He still insists that speakers are THAT much greater than actors in Forensics. That reminded me of the time he said to moi..."My single bronze medal in Extempt is worth more than your duet medal in duet acting. Hahaha." At the time, since Jon was president of VILADS, I refrained from saying, "Um...bronze or silver better ah?" and waving my silver solo medal in his face.

Well, Jon found out today. :P I guess this makes us even after the time he burned my school pants with a lighter.

I belanja-ed him chicken rice...after he tried to make Syed buy him 'siew yok'...pork.

So far, dominating Forensics this year seems to be really difficult for VI to pull off for the third year in a row. We have unprepared duet teams, solo actors with unedited scripts (...me XP), Oral Interpretators without pieces, fresh debaters and orators, and this crazy actor who doesn't know when to call it quits and end his Forensics experience in a blaze that was 2007.

Come to think of it, 2007 was screwed up. We had some ding-dongs for judges in the finals of acting events, and bigger ding-dongs who did not deserve to be in finals.

Oops. Wow. The private thought above seemed to have sub-conciously found its way onto my keyboard via my fingers. :D

Found a random nice song while Hans was visiting a random friend's blog. Teardrops on my guitar. Downloaded it. It is a beautiful piece of music. Speaking from my experience as a guitarist. :)

Went for dinner at uncle's place.

SUSHI BUFFET.

Wait...what?

SUSHI BUFFET.

:)

After stuffing my mouth with 10 pieces of sushi, not all at once, mind you, there was the yearly fireworks display. 2 large fireworks racks are lit and the friends and family of Oon amazed. Somehow, watching those fireworks launch and explode reminded me of the good old days of battlefield vietnam where near-deaths experiences come in the form of RPGs zooming by your ears.

As usual, I'm sitting here in front of my computer with Iris. Strumming out songs that I hope to one day be able to sing...in tune.

The next week will be the biggest week of the year.

Btw, Arsenal will be playing ManU at 1 a.m.

Sorry, did I 'playing'? I meant owning. :P

Cheers.

No comments: