In other news...

Monday, February 11, 2008

The monday after CNY.

College. Beautiful and friendly classmates. Lead role in a small TV series. Songs flowing out.

3 hours of sleep to power through the day.

This is the college life.


Let me first put this in bytes before I pass out on my keyboard with a have eaten cup of 0% fat yogurt. This is the highlight of my day.

I was on my way to a film shoot after class today.
I got onboard the KTM.
I sat down next to a Punjabi woman.
Punjabi woman took my elbow room.
I was going through my lines.
I overheard Punjabi women who took my elbow room say on her handphone: "Cannot la, I have chickenpox."
I confirm with Punjabi woman who took my elbow room.
Punjabi woman tells me that she has chickenpox and that I should occupy vacant seat next to big Indian man.
I occupy seat next to big Indian man.
Big Indian man takes up more of my elbow room than Highly Contagious Punjabi Woman.


:)


I sit here and wonder if Punjabi woman tricked me into giving her an extra seat and all the elbow room she can get.


XP


During the shoot, I finally got to pose next to a guy in a full blue ninja suit. Isaac gets to suit up in Bluescreen technology. We took a little over 2 hours to get a single scene right. Looking at your own face on a TV screen live, as you do waves with your eyebrows, is priceless.

As usual, the studio at TV Pendidikan is frostbite cold. Plus I got to do my 'room' scene when "something comes out of the computer screen".

Shoes off.

Episode 2's script is out. Bickering and English correction is taken to new levels.

MARVIN sounds like Marvin. If you know what I mean.


On the way home, I explored and discovered a 20-year old florist unbelievably near my house. How long she has been operating her business, that is. Not her age. Guess what? Berlyn was right, gerberases DO look like miniature sunflowers.

According to spellcheck, gerberas is not a word.


On my way back on the bus, I discovered that A4 tech can't make earphones for earshit. My left earphone lasted 6.5 days.
Do NOT buy A4 tech earphones, go for philips, sony, creative. Yes, Aiman was right.
A4 tech earphones will not survive a week in your pocket.

During accounts class, which I now officially dread more than maths, Ms. Sydney Yong is back, bad, and in black. She is scary...

...scary...

...really scary...

...like, "turn on your bathroom lights past midnight to find her with wide open eyes and folded arms demanding your homework that's due tomorrow" scary.


She was teaching us how to classify salaries, when she made an example outta me. She asked how much I got paid a month. I had 3 hours of sleep the previous night and blurted out "500" because the TVP series popped into my head.

She then declared very loudly that 500 is "NO WAY LA!". She said my food allowance probably costs more than that, loudly, while slamming her hands on my table, once again loudly, bringing her face closer to mine by 2 feet, not loudly.

That moment reminded me of the time I encountered a wild panther or dog in Ulu Kancing. The thing was like 10 feet away but you can't see it. Ever swore or laughed during movies when 4 people in the jungle couldn't see something that was 10 feet away from them?

I no longer swear or laugh during those scenes.

You can see the bushes rustles.

You can hear its growl come from your 2 o'clock, only to hear it again at your 9 o'clock 5 seconds later.

You, however, can't see it.


Anyway, back to the Sydney Yong.
The tension was broken when she declared, loudly, that boys eat twice as much as girls and therefore it would be more economically beneficial.

Speaking of economics, Mrs. Soh has decided to spice up our day us by subtly hinting that we got really bad results while withholding our results till tomorrow. I realize that I may love Economics more than Legal Studies. For one thing, I actually understand how time period affects price elasticity.

Wheeee.

It feels good to understand stuff.

But not nearly as good as...

...mint shower gel after a long, tough, sleep deprived day.

It's official! Mint does NOT cause sperm count to drop. I can now apply generous amounts of that magical blue stuff without guilt or fear.

I'm off to relax now. Ever noticed how incredible your bed, or in my case a nice thick mattress, feels after you know you lived your day to the max?

It feels like victory. It feels like the raising of a flag after a battle. It feels like the capping of a pen after an aced test. It feels like taking a bow to a standing ovation after a riveting act on stage.

It feels like the typing of "Cheers" after a long blog.


This is good stuff.
Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i found your blog! :)

Ur turn to find mine.